App, online and other banking
With our digital platforms, you can manage accounts, send cash, pay utility bills, buy airtime and
much more. Check out all the ways you can bank.
MoneyGram lets you quickly and securely receive money from almost anywhere in the world and it is convenient and available at all Absa Bank branches across the country.
- Find an Absa branch near you
- Bring your information:
-Make sure you have your reference number and an ID with you for pick up.
-Reference Number: Sender will share the reference number with you. This number is on the receipt.
-ID: You will need to bring a valid photo ID (passport, national ID, driver’s licence, voter ID)
You will have to complete a simple form at the branch with the sender and your own details. You will be required to enter your reference number which will be given to you by the sender. Hand the form and your valid photo ID to the person at the counter to receive your money.
- Use any mobile phone for the service.
- Transact without data or internet connectivity.
- Easily transfer funds.
- Check your account balances.
- Get mini statements.
- Transfer money to a mobile money wallet.
- Pay your bills.
- Make airtime top-ups to any mobile number.
- Currently available on Vodafone, MTN, AirtelTigo
To get started, simply dial *895# to connect to the service and follow the prompts, or visit the nearest branch to be registered.
What you can do
With Absa Cash Deposit ATMs, you can deposit cash whenever you want without setting foot in a branch
- Deposit cash at any time of day, all year round.
- Reduce risks associated with carrying or keeping large amounts of cash.
- Have money credited directly into your account.
- Deposit cash into any other Absa accounts.
- Use service with or without a debit card.
- Deposit up to 100 notes per transaction.
- Access money in your account within 5 minutes.
- Enjoy transactions free of charge.
How to get started
- Go to any Absa Cash Deposit ATM with the cash you want to deposit.
- Select the ‘Cash Deposit’ option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.