Import letters of credit
Get the added security and control you need when buying from an overseas seller with an import letter of credit.
What you can expect
- A stronger trading status, which helps your credit rating
- More negotiating power when it comes to the credit period or pricing
- A higher level of security for both yourself and the seller
- A safer means of payment
- Deferred payment terms can serve as a form of credit
- Trade finance transactions can be conducted in convertible currencies in any country worldwide.
- You will need to write a formal letter detailing your request to open a letter of credit and how it will be funded.
- National photo ID card or passport (non-Ghanaian)
- Pro-forma invoice
- Completed application form
- Completed import declaration form (IDF)
- Formal letter from customer