You can count on Absa in uncertain times
Our primary focus is on serving our customers and ensuring they have access to safe and convenient services during this period.
Cybercriminals take advantage of the COVID-19 pandemic to devise new scams. Remain extra vigilant, especially when responding to emails, giving out confidential information or clicking on links.
Try one of our other digital banking solutions
In line with precautionary measures against COVID -19 and especially to observe social distancing, we did temporarily reduce our branch operations. However, with effect from Monday 27 April, all our branches are fully operational again. When possible, we encourage customers to make use of our convenient digital channels which are available 24/7.
How we are supporting our Retail customers
- Interest rates on all new loan bookings, including refinance loans, have been reduced by 2%.
- We offer up to 2% interest reduction on existing loans.
- Customers in affected sectors (aviation, hospitality, religious bodies and private schools) get a 6-month payment holiday and a 6-month extension in loan tenor.
- If you are not directly impacted, but apply for a payment holiday, you may be granted a 3-month payment holiday and a 3-month tenor extension.
Most frequently asked questions
In line with precautionary measures against COVID -19 and especially to observe social distancing, we did temporarily reduce our branch operations. However, with effect from Monday 27 April all our branches are fully operational again. When possible, we encourage customers to make use of our convenient digital channels which are available 24/7.
All our ATMs will continue to work and be maintained. Customers are encouraged to use our Cash Accepting ATMs for deposits and digital channels for banking transactions, rather than visiting a branch during this emergency situation.
Please remember to wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds (or use sanitiser) before and after withdrawing cash from an ATM, and practise social distancing at the ATM, in the interests of your health and safety, and those around you.
Absa’s main priority is the safety of its customers, employees and community members. As such, we have made every effort to ensure that the following measures are in place:
- Hand sanitisers have been made available for staff to use after every transaction or customer interaction.
- Hand sanitisers are also available for customer use when visiting a branch.
- Biometric readers are wiped down with alcohol swabs after every transaction or customer interaction.
- Cash handlers have been provided with regulation gloves.
- All cleaning protocols have been enhanced (e.g. sanitisation of desks, counters, etc.).
- Educational initiatives have been implemented for staff members (increasing awareness around hygiene and general behaviour).
To support customers and help reduce the economic impact of COVID-19, we are offering the following relief package to our customers:
- Repayment moratorium of up to 6 months to all personal and business customers impacted by COVID-19.
- Reduced lending rate of 2% on qualifying personal, SME as well as loans to the impacted industries.
- These measures take effect from 1 April 2020 and will be implemented across loans due in April 2020, subject to the necessary arrangements with the bank.
- Free interbank instant transfers on digital channels and free mobile money transfers of up to GHS100 daily.
Your financial wellbeing is important to us, and we are committed to supporting you through this difficult time.
Please contact us if you are experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the pandemic, so that we can help you best navigate the unique challenges that you face.
- Contact number 030 242 9150 or 0800 222 333 (toll free)
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registering for online banking is quick, easy and free. You simply log on to www.absa.com.gh for self-registration
If circumstances still make online banking difficult for you, try cellphone banking by dialling *895#. Our contact centre team is ready to assist you on the following contact details:
Absa Ghana fully supports Government’s decisive actions to reduce the health and economic impacts of COVID-19 on the country. The health and safety of our employees, customers and our community is a top priority. Our digital and telephonic customer service channels are fully operational for customers to engage with us. It’s easy to bank digitally from home with Absa. You can check balances, transfer money and pay bills on the Absa Mobile Banking App, cellphone banking or internet banking.
As an active corporate citizen, Absa Ghana is contributing to a number of government efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, and Absa is also participating in an industry-wide response to support local economies during this time. In addition, we are working with all relevant authorities and regulators to ensure that critical banking and financial services remain available, and to facilitate economic relief measures for customers and clients in respect of their debt obligations.