Fixed income, currencies and derivatives
With our fixed income and foreign exchange know-how, you can transact internationally, mitigate risk and capture margin opportunities.
Trade currency and benefit on the spot date
Our market solutions are made for you. We provide appropriate and timely pricing for foreign exchange services in major currencies against Ghana cedi, as well as tailor-made solutions for our retail clients. We also undertake cross-currency transactions as well as vanilla foreign exchange forwards and swaps tailored to your needs.
- Competitive rates on execution of foreign exchange transactions
- Simple way to manage foreign exchange risk
- Helps fix a future currency exchange rate
- No minimum limit
- Retail consumers
- Domestic large corporates
- Multinational corporations
- Financial institutions (banks and others)
- Government and public sector
Broaden your trading base
Our bond trading desk sells and buys local currency Government of Ghana securities, as well as the locally issued USD-denominated government bond. We are an active market maker on the secondary bond market, and we are recognised for enhancing liquidity of local sovereign debt on the market.
- It eliminates uncertainty over the cost of trading.
- Enjoy predictable and better returns on your investment.
- Bonds are risk free and a safe haven for your money.
Your world of possibilities
- Gain insights on bond distribution.
- Capture the exchange margin opportunities.
- Enjoy good company with our primary dealer for local market.
Our clients can buy Government of Ghana Securities (91-day Treasury bill up to 10-year bonds) through Absa Ghana in both the primary and secondary markets. It is also one of the three financial institutions mandated by the Government of Ghana to serve as transaction advisers (book-runners) for the issue of Government debt on the local market.
Fixed deposit investment
- Fixed-term deposits in Ghana cedi and a range of foreign currencies at highly competitive interest rates
Negotiable certificate of deposit (NCD)
- An alternative high-interest investment instrument, negotiable certificate of deposit (NCD) – the first of its kind in Ghana’s financial market.
Experience great benefits with our foreign currency
We offer solutions for the management of exchange rate risk, interest rate risk and commodity price risk with a variety of hedging products such as swaps and options and we are at the forefront of introducing Repurchase Agreement (Repo) trading.
- Manage exchange rate, interest rate and commodity price risks.
- Reduce the risk of exchange rate volatility.
- Get integrated solutions for online business.
- Up-to-date daily market and periodic research covering the local and international financial markets
- Comprehensive research and analysis deliver made-to-order solutions for our clients.